2007/05/30

Crochet hat and quaker things

Sorry for being lazy at updating this blog.

I've been working pretty hard and progress on needlework is terribly slow. I have many idea to try but i never catch up within my free time. There are some skew in what i wanna do and reality.
During past weeks, i finished a couple of projects in "Andalia" yarn. A hat with flower corsage and a bag with flower corsage. Due to hard yarn, it was difficult to keep the tension. I hoped iron steam will make the surface neat but it worked just a little. I tried the soft wire first time for this hat on last 2 round of brim to keep its shape. I haven't steamed the bag yet so the picture will be in next post.
I got those quaker items recently, Quaker Post pattern and Quaker pinballs booklet. I found both at a online cross stitching shop and i thought both for stitching. But the booklet isn't. It is a pattern for knitting pinballs and applicable for embroidery. You'll knit in 0.8 or 1.0 mm needle with fine thread to make them. I have both and more fine needles but i will use more large one for exercise first.I really like quaker style pattern in cross stitch. Hard to resist...


No comments: