2008/01/22

Bayerische sock


I started this Bayerische sock in December. It was first time to knit a sock with the pattern chart all throughout the project. Very complicated and hard to remember for me who with a short memory. I used same yarn named in the pattern in different color, so I didn't worry about the yarn at first. When I turned heel and started foot part, I suddenly started worrying the amount of rest yarn and lost motivation to finish. I left it away for a while but I decided to trust the pattern and started again and managed to let it off the needle today. Left over yarn was only a couple of yards. You can guess how i relieved. I couldn't help smiling when I put the finished sock ;-)

The pattern looks better on my leg than itself as the ribbed pattern shrinks.
I think I can enjoy second sock cause I no longer have to worry for the shortage of the yarn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, what a pretty stocks.
I am willing to make this kind of stock. Do you have any shared pattern? If you have, can I have one? I am living in Korea and love Knit also.
Have a good night!

littlestitch said...

Hi, winnie. This sock is from http://www.eunnyjang.com/knit/2006/09/bayerische_sock_part_ii.html It is really tough pattern but it worth trying.

The Woodsy said...

What a lovely blog.

I have some knitting and crochet patterns on my own blog...I choose them for their style and simplicity, as most of the knitters I know don't have a lot of time for more finicky knits...so I hope you will visit!

The Woodsy's Bulletin Board

www.TwilightWoods.WordPress.com