2007/04/09

Happy weekend

I had very happy weekend. DS offered me "You may go Okadaya, Mitsubaya, or Yuzawaya or anywhere you want. I will prepare supper," I don't think i need such approval to go those craft store really, but how can i miss such opportunity? I went off in a rush, jumped on a subway and went Yuzawaya. As I really want to finish Martha first and not in the mood to get ready for any other project, I just looked around to see something new and get an idea and inspiration for future projects. And I found something new for me. It's rayon 100% yarn from Hamanaka for bag and hat.

I have known this yarn (or should I say cord?) for long time but the sample project made with them displayed at store were always looked uncool and i thought i will never try it until i met very cute sample at store, whose pattern found in this just published book.


I liked those two especially.

It has many cool pattern not only for bags but also hats. I gathered all material i need for this bag and some other balls. As the yarn looks like cord, the finished bag must be hard enough to use daily. This is very important for me as i always bring many thing in my bag. Knitted or crochet bag in usual cotton or wool yarn loose its original shape and handle stretches even when i put only a purse. So i will try with these rayon yarn this summer.
While checking out new books, i noticed how I love the shell stitch. The brown yarn will be a small bag in shell stitch.


What I really hope is that i have more time for enjoying materials i got. I often show you what i bought but i rarely show you what i made. I may have to make another category "shopping." Although i know it can't be helped as long as i am a working mother, i feel strongly stressed after shopping. Hope DH will make another offer for free time next or future weekend.


Oh, FYI, the reason DH released me is curry. He likes to cook curry in his way. He make curry from scratch occupying kitchen more than a few hours!

No comments: