2007/03/07

2 different socks at at time ...

I have little progress both on sewing and knitting this week. I finished my pillow case (no picture yet) and stitching for my husband's now that is almost finished and ready to be sewn sides (shown on picture below beneath socks) . I usually do most needlework at late night but I hesitate to bring out sewing machine at such late time. That's why my sewing projects go so slowly even it is an easy one. So i am thinking about finishing the pillow case by hand this time without using machine.

And finally i started knitting socks. I repeated opening and closing sock knitting books, magazines, web pattern countless times ... and decided two projects at last, both i eagerly wanted to knit. The stripe socks with Regia tweed yarn and shell lace pattern socks from Nancy Bush's "Knitting Vintage Socks." But why 2 different socks at a time? I don't know. Maybe I'm just in a CAN'T-STOP-CASTING-ON syndrome. I think every knitter will understand what i mean. Another reason is that wool season is ending soon and noticed i have many wool sock yarn left. If i finished them, there will be reasonable space for 4 more balls. Maybe some cotton sock yarn in bright color!

Oh, I haven't forgot Martha. I finished second sleeve and casted on right front. I realize how 4ply is fine when knitting wearable things, as it grows so slowly.

No comments: