2007/03/16

Tatted small pincushion

When i was stitching monograms on pillow cases, i thought i want a small pincushion as i needed only one needle to work with. Small lacy one. So i tried knitted lace pattern first, but it didn't worked. Maybe the yarn and needle size i chose were not right or my lace knitting skill is not enough for it. I also noticed even small lace pattern results in quite big size for my purpose. So i fished out my silver shuttle from my desk drawer. After long time, i thought i must have forgotten how to tat at first, but my hands remembered! I made two small medallion joining at outer edge with stuffed pillow between them. Although i made some mistake - knots on surface - it looks very cute. The idea would be applied to sachet too. I can't stop picturing many other adaptation like this and that. I will make another one later.

No comments: